United In Christ (UIC) started in January 2007 by Homer and Angela Slack who operated a radio station United In Christ Radio (UIC Radio) up to December 2011 in a town called Grimsby in the United Kingdom. We recently had to shut down this radio station due to lack of needed financial and programme development support etc. but have since switched focus to publishing and is working on developing Christian writers.
We publish a quarterly magazine 'SHARE Magazine' where Christian writers get together and help each other to get the gospel out using the power of the print media. We also have other divisions such as our Bible School Open School of the Bible (OSB). Contact us for more information about what we do.
Working with UIC, writing for SHARE Magazine or studying at OSB does not mean you need to fit into any mould, take on any label or be from a specific denomination. You need however to be believer in Christ, agree with our Statement of Faith and have a view to working with others for the purposes of the kingdom. True unity can only come from willing hearts.
Charity Number 1140448
To help, facilitate and encourage God's people to discover and use their spiritual gifts and natural talents that they may become effective workers using every ability and facility made available to us by God.
To discover and empower God's people for the work of the ministry.
UIC hopes to:
• expose hidden gifts and talents as churches, groups and individuals interact and share;
• help God's people identify their areas of gifting and interest so they can become a joint of supply to the wider body;
• give our youth a new sense of purpose and hope for the future as they too discover their gifts and calling in life;
• secure a bank of people and resources that can help to develop those who have a desire to move forward and be productive for God;
• in the Bible as God's infallible Word, uniquely inspired and supremely authoritative in all matters of faith and conduct. It is a complete and sufficient revelation of all matters concerning God's nature, His will for mankind and eternal salvation through Jesus Christ. 2 Tim 3:16, John 20:31, Rev 22:19, 2 Peter 1:21.
• in one God, eternally existing in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Gen 1:1, 2 Cor 13:14, Titus 2:13, 2 Cor 3:17,18
• Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. He led a sinless life, took on Himself all our sins, died and rose again, and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our mediator and advocate. This resurrection demonstrates His complete authority over sin, death and the Devil and that He is Lord over all things. He will return to earth at the end of this present age. 2 Cor 5:2l, Acts 2:23-24, 1 Cor 15:3,4, Heb 4:15 Eph 1:20,21, Matt 1.18-23, Acts 1:9-11.
• that mankind forfeited his original relationship with God when Adam the first created man disobeyed God by following the bidding of the Devil. Every person born into the world inherits this fallen status and sinful nature. All men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, and need to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ by accepting by faith the gift of salvation paid for by Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross.
• that Christ will return to earth at the end of time and be seen by all living people. He will resurrect every person who ever lived to face the last judgement where all mankind will give an account of their thoughts, words and deeds.